View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
elemtchr99
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Power just now on since Wednesday

I am just now getting a chance to get online after having our power restored since the tornados came through our area Wednesday. The destruction has been awful. I feel guilty for saying it, but my family was VERY lucky. The tornado that hit my county created major damage literally feet from our home. We had shingles off, the front column knocked down, and some siding gone. Many of my neighbors weren't as lucky, nor were other people in our county. My next door neighbor had a tree on his house. The tornado came diagonally from us. If you were to go out my back door and walk straight, you would run into a house that was a total loss. We have been busy cleaning up around our house as well as helping friends and neighbors to salvage what they could from the total loss of their homes. Please keep everyone in Chickasaw County as well as other areas in our state of MS and the other states affected in your thoughts and prayers. There is a long way to go for a lot of people.

And a BIG thanks goes out to our local electric power men as well as those that came up from LA to help in our area!!! Your round-the-clock dedication to helping get our power back up and running has been AWESOME!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!