View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 06:00 AM   #1
TXGirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Thoughts on this breeder...???

Puppies are 7 weeks old, AKC registered. The two for sale were brought into the house and placed in a play pen. They seemed to be well socialized and were clean. The parents and other puppies were behind the house in a kennel (building). We did get to meet both parents but were not taken to the kennel. The puppies have had no shots but will have the first set by the time they go to their new homes (8-10 weeks). The health guarantee was only for congenital defects if found on the first vet visit (within 72 hours). No genetic screening had been done on the parents. Breeder claimed 20 years experience breeding yorkies. One thing that "rubbed me the wrong way" was that when she spoke to us over the phone, she said her males go for $700 and her females go for $800. When we got there, she told us the smaller female (prettiest, ears up, etc.) was $900 and the other was $800. She seemed like a nice lady other than that and seemed to love her yorkies, but I got the feeling that the dogs don't stay in the house. We both fell in love with the puppies, but I guess from the research I've been doing, I'm not sure this is the best environment. I would love to hear your opinions on this situation.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!