View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
katy-yorkie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolasmom1211 View Post
I think fancypups in only in Texas - right outside of Houston. From what I gather, they travel around and pick up these puppies from various places, then bring them home and every few weeks advertise them online and in the newspaper. I, too, was under the impression that they were the breeders when I bought my female from them. She went out back and brought in a couple of puppies for us to look it and lead me to believe that the parents were "out back" with the other puppies. I did not know what to look for or what questions to ask at the time...stupid me. When I did figure it out, it was too late. I had a very sick puppy that I already loved - no way was I giving her back....thie is a terrible, terrible way to obtain a puppy!
DH was also under the impression that they were the breeders. He didn't know enough to ask to see the parents, he thought they were elsewhere on the property. I feel so stupid about paying them the kind of money that we paid. But, once I got them home, there was no way I was taking them back. I agree, this is a terrible way to obtain a puppy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!