View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #10
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Harleys ears were not up when I got him...I prefer my yorkies ears up...I shaved the all the hair off the ear...and taped them up...Taping does not hurt them at all...I did 3 days taped up...took the tape off on the 4 day...left the tape off for 1 day if they were standing than I did not retape until they dropped again...than I shaved the hair again and retaped them up for another 3 days...It took about 2 weeks of shaving and retaping for Harleys ears to stand on their own...but now they are up.

Some Yorkies ears stand on there own with just shaving the weight of the hair off, but some need help if you want them to stand by taping...A Yorkies ears should be standing IMO for the health of their ears...Yorkies have hair that grows inside the ears...if the ears are floppy water will get in the ear and the hair will trap it and no air to help dry it up and can cause an ear infection...if the ears are standing air can get in and dry them out...regardless, up or floppy ears that hair should be plucked out to help prevent ear infections.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!