Thread: Potty box
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
4csonsinga
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvTaycieGirl View Post
This what I made for Taycie, if I have to leave her at home. When she was a puppy, she was getting confused using puppy pads at home and going outside at work.

She really took to the outside, but the puppy pads started to lead to accidents. I finally decided to make a potty box with grass! I just bought a shallow storage box at home depot, potting soil and a strip of sod. The entire thing cost me $10 to make!

When I got home I drilled holes in the bottom of the box so it would allow the water to drain. Then dumped some potting soil in a cut the sod to fit in the box!

IT HAS BEEN A LIFESAVER!!!!!!!!!!!

She goes to work with me Mon-Friday but on Saturdays when I work at the Salon she stays home. I keep the box outside through out the week and keep it watered. This also helps flush the urine out. Then on Saturday before I leave I bring the box inside. I saved the lid from the box because sometimes the grass is still wet and it will continue to drain. So I let the box sit on the lid and Ta Da! She has her own lawn!

In the summer months the grass will grow, and I will have to trim it down. Eventually though, the urine does kill it but a piece of sod at home depot is 3.20... super cheap to replace. You also don't need alot of potting soil, it will make the box heavy and harder to move. I just put about a inch in the bottom, and Water Everyday! It has been the best solution to everything! I now don't have to keep her in her xpen while I am gone!
genius!
4csonsinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!