View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxodoglover89 View Post

Good to hear! Sasha was the same way when I introduced her to Primal. I was nervous because I had tried NV with her in the past and she ate it for a few days and then wanted nothing to do with it which was money lost for me because I had just bought a big bag of it. A few years later, I began to notice quite a few members on here raving about Primal and how wonderful it is. I started reading up on it and went to their website to see if there was even a store around my area that sells it, which of course I got lucky and there was. They offer a sample pack which has 4 different protein sources, 3 nuggets each. Tried that first and she loved them all and shes been eating Primal ever since. I buy two 4lb. bags with each bag being a different protein source and it lasts me close to 3 months which is amazing. However, I still do give her kibble at night for dinner since she used to be super picky and has always loved Blue Buffalo Wilderness kibble. Still, the smallest bag of kibble lasts almost 2 months. It's such a good feeling to see your dog eating their food willingly. I love watching Sasha eat and be satisfied lol.
No stores here sell Primal but I can get Nature's Variety and one other brand (can't remember the name, but they didn't seem to like it much - Alice wouldn't touch it). I've used NV in the past, never with Alice though, but it can get sooo expensive with 5 mouths to feed (especially since one of them is 75 lbs. lol) so that's why I looked into "homemade". It's simpler than I thought - the main thing you have to add is calcium (egg shell "powder" is best) to aid in the breakdown of the protien (pre-packaged has enough in it) and make sure they're getting some bone and organs, so it's good to know I can "afford" to feed raw . I'll probably use some NV also, just because looking at the ingredients it has a few "extras" in there and I really like that their food has the Montmorillonite clay in it (has something like 50+ trace minerals in it). Ahh, finally though, no more "begging" Alice to eat It was like a miracle this morning lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!