View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
hellosunnydays
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default One Year Old with White Chest and White Toenails

I have been searching the forums about white markings as an adult and could not find anything (if there is such a thread, I apologize!).

As a puppy Mr. Darcy had a white chest, white spot on his mouth, and white spots on his back feet. Now he is one year old and still has the white chest and his white toenails are still white. One nail is even perfectly split black and white!

We love him the way he is, but I was concerned if this indicates a health issue. According to the FAQ in this forum:

Quote:
The toenails are gray at birth, with an occasional white one. Any that fail to become black by two months are indicative of the availability of non-pigmented skin and hair.
Is there any health risks associated with non-pigmented skin and hair? Does this mean that his white chest will remain? The skin on his chest is also white while the hair on his stomach is silver. His body is black and legs a medium tan with no intermingling colors.

His parents were both silver and tan and I do not recall seeing any white on them.

I appreciate any information
hellosunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!