View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Have they had recalls on their foods or just treats? The ones I know about are all related to beef treats, beef squares and Texas Taffy.

I tried Before Grain when we ran out of our regular food from a store 50 miles away. The boys loved it, but the kibble were so hard that they both ended up with bleeding gums. Teddy was afraid to eat kibble for a few days. I don't know if I got an unusual bag, or if the kibble are typically that hard.
All of the recent ones I know of are for treats too. “Merrick Beef Filet Squares for Dogs, Jr. Texas Taffy Pet Treat, and Texas Hold'ems -- all due to possible SALMONELLA HEALTH RISK

There were at least 4 voluntary recalls of treats during 2010 - 2011. There was a Wingaling, canned dog food recall back in 2006.

I don't necessarily think voluntary recalls are a bad thing -- if their own quality control procedures find the problem. But, at least one of these was found by the FDA buying a sample from a store and finding the salmonella contaminaiton. That is scary! Still -- the dog food has a good rep!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!