View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Cry Please send my Gram good thoughts

My Gram (my paternal Grandma) is 90 years old, and has had so many health issues throughout her life...especially the last several years.

We found out last week she has cancer in the tongue, and not a curable type. The effects of this tumor are happening fast...she can only swallow Ensure, and when I talked with her today she sounded like she had as whole bunch of marbles in her mouth...it was hard to understand all that she said.

She does not want radiation, as it will be excruciating in this area of the body....and it won't cure anything anyway. She has also decided against a feeding tube. Her pain is being managed so far.

I don't know how long she has left, but I'm just hoping for some good thoughts to go her way...and thoughts in hopes of her leaving this life peacefully, and without pain.

I am very sad, even though she has told me she is not scared at all. She is one of the few family members who has always been nothing but loving toward me.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!