Thread: Tila's tail
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Roxy 87
YT 500 Club Member

Default Tila's tail

When I took Tila to get her distemper on Thursday, I got her tail checked because she was chewing at it. The vet looked it over and said it looked like it had a scratch I'm thinking my cat Pemberley scratched her, because he likes to hide behind things and swat at the them when they walk by. She said it didn't look infected yet, but gave me a cone and a week of antibiotics and to put the cone on her if she keeps at it.
The vet also asked if she's been wormed, which she has been recently. The vet said some dogs will chew at their tail when they have worms. She also said it could be because of her anal glands. I've checked her poop and there hasn't been anything in there. Her anal glands haven't been expressed in awhile.
I noticed tonight that Tila has a little bald spot on her tail , not quite bald but you can see it. I did have to cut out a nice sized tangle from that area though because when she was nibbling on it she worked up a tangle. She hasn't been chewing at it for the last couple days. Will the hair grow back okay? Should I put the cone on her even if she isn't nibbling her tail anymore? Is there anything I should be looking out for? Am I worrying too much?

Last edited by Roxy 87; 04-24-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Roxy 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!