View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
lamc
Yorkie Talker

Default Used to live with a dachshund, now my baby is a "monster"

Okay quick(ish) backstory: My husband bought Amy for me as an early 21st birthday present in 2009. We kept her up until October when both her and I went back to Wyoming to be with my parents. Hubbs was deployed. Anyways, my parents had a yellow lab and a daushund, the lab was put down after 13 years of the greatest companionship ever. A week before the new year, ('10) I moved back to VA and left Amy with my parents and their dog. Once I went back to get her in March '11 (she was here for a few months before hubby left again and I moved)

Anyways, we came back and now she barks at every last moving thing. This isnt playful barking either; its blood curdling and sounds just so mean. Also, when there are bigger dogs around she does the same thing, barks like crazy bears her teeth and tries to attack the dog. This has only happened a few times (thankfully?) but the last time was a miniature pincher she started sniffing and all of a sudden tried to kill the small dog. I was horrified and promptly picked her up, apologized to the owner and scuttled home.

She used to do so well with other dogs, especially small ones. I dont know what happened to her! Is this normal is there a reason possibly for her erratic behavior?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!