View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #12
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Tibbe is the only dog I have ever had that loved his bath. I usually just bathe him in the bath and use a small cup to rinse the soap off him so that he doesn't get a huge lot of water dumped over his head at once - takes longer but it is worth it as Tibbe stands quietly and seems to be very relaxed. I have stopped talking to him during the bath as there are those that say our chattering away to a nervous dog can add to the excitement rather than create relaxation and just use my hands to do the talking, soaping and massaging his tiny muscles, keeping it a quiet, non-exciting time. We went from an all out fight at bathtime when I first got him at 9 mos. of age to a perfectly enjoyable time for him now. He even twirls around in a circle in anticipation when I say "Bath" and turns around backward so I can pick him up more easily when it is bathtime. I hope before long you can work out a routine for your baby as baths are not always pleasant for dogs.

By the way, Happy Birthday, Miss Millie!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!