View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
BabyFidgette
Learn Yorkie CPR!
Donating Member

Default Eats It

My Baby tries to eat the "litter" everytime I put it on the floor. I got so nervous that I wrote Purina. Below is the letter that I got...just in case anyone else's eats their litter.

Thank you for contacting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.

We appreciate your contacting us. Please know that when something new is added to your puppies' immediate environment, he will probably exhibit an unusual interest in this item initially. This behavior, which is often referred to as investigative behavior, is perfectly normal behavior to exhibit under the circumstances. Always provide your dog with appropriate chew toys and make sure you interact with him as much as possible when you are home. While the Dog Litter is non-toxic, if you do observe your puppy chewing on the litter, distract him by using a surprising command such as "Ahhh!" Lower your voice with this command so that your puppy senses your displeasure. As your puppy stops what he is doing, quickly redirect his behavior to an appropriate behavior such as coming to you when called. You may want to give him one of his chew toys and praise him for chewing on it. This method will replace chewing the dog litter with a more desirable behavior. After all, how will he know what is an appropriate chew toy unless you teach him!

All of our litter is non toxic, as such, there no ingredients that are harmful to people or pets. If litter is ingested, the person or pet should drink as much water as possible over the next few hours. Please know that while we were performing litter studies at our Pet Care Center ingestion of the litter by dogs or cats was not an issue.

We hope this information is helpful and that you will let us know if you have any other questions.

Again, thank you for visiting our web site.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!