Thread: Pet Insurance
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
Welcome. I have it on my 3 girls but it really hasn't been worth it for the most part. I have VPI and they do not cover hereditary, preexisting or congenital. Just so happens one of mine had liver shunt, not covered, another had congenital kidney failure not covered and the other had Luxating Patella not covered. I have used it about 5-6 times for Cali on stomach and UTI issues and on Pixie a couple of times for emergency visits but never (knock on wood) for Roxie. I know I have paid in more in premiums for all three than I have gotten back. I am just afraid to cancel it. If you do go with insurance go with one that covers hereditary congenital if you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by licricket View Post
Well I WAS pleased with Trupanion, but after having a $248 bill, they paid 0. I have a $100 deductible, they eliminated the exam, the Frontline (which I understand) and by the time they reduced the bill, they took $36.63 of eligible amount and applied it towards my deductible. Natty had an eye problem. The only other time I used it for Gio, they paid a lot more. I wonder if it is worth it myself b/c I pay $62/month. That is a lot of $ No discount for multiple dogs. I just don't know.
That's exactly my concern and what I'm worried about! Why I have yet to get insurance for Jackson.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!