View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshes_human View Post
How old were they when you started them on the necks. Moshe was born 12/21/10 and he is 5.2 pounds. Think he is big enough? I don't like the Bully sticks...they seem to accident prone. When he is bigger I will probably revisit the idea.

Moshe actually likes his teeth brushed. I use chicken flavored paste and a glove with the brush on it. I think he thinks it feels good to his teething gums.
That's great if he likes his teeth brushed, keep it up

I gave Alice her first raw turkey neck piece a few weeks ago and she's 4 lbs. and was born in October. I'd say he can have it now. Just watch him closely with it at first, it's really hard for them to choke since they can only pull tiny pieces off, but watch just in case. I let my bigger dogs eat the entire thing, but I've been taking it away from Alice once she gets it to the point that the whole thing can fit in her mouth and is small enough for her to possibly swallow. She only gets about a 2 - 3" piece of one since they can be REALLY big lol. My husband uses a butcher knife to cut them. It's pretty thick (if you've ever cooked a turkey you know lol, nothing much wasted on Thanksgiving here ) so a short piece is good. Just a note - after Alice finishes, I wash her beard with a washcloth and espree foam face cleanser cause it gets a bit yucky with the long hair there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!