View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
RemydeHaviland
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Your solution should not only be focused on remedies on the pup, you need to address the entire environment.

- Launder EVERYTHING the pup touches. If your pup sleeps with you take your entire bed apart; and launder everything down the the mattress pad.

- Vacuum every rug, every sofa, chair, etc that your pup reaches. Discard the bag OUTSIDE immediately after vacuuming.

- You may need to steam clean all of your carpets

- I actually do not use topical treatments on Remy. He is on Sentinel heart worm meds that do have an anti-flea component (once on him, when they bite, they do not lay eggs) I do flea comb regularly. When he did have a bout of fleas awhile back, I flea combed him thoroughly, then drew a deep bath - filling the bathtub with water. Use regular Dawn dish soap on the pup - first putting a ring of it around his or her neck. Lather well, and submerse the pup in the bath (except the head obviously). The Dawn will help to kill the fleas; the submersion will drown them and get them out of the hair. Rinse very well. Again, this works on the pup but you have to treat the entire house to break the cycle.

- If you pup is in your car a great deal (as Remy is in mine) I actually had all of my carpets / floor mats steam cleaned too. (Fortunately I have leather seats).

Good luck, fleas a pain

-

RemydeHaviland is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!