View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

I don't let my dogs sleep in bed with me for that reason, I won't get any sleep myself. I agree, you should take them for a good walk in the afternoons, they are probably sleeping all day while you're gone. You have a very good idea about confining them to an area of the house that is safe for them while you're at work instead of a crate. If you're worried about potty accidents, use a pee pee pad in that area.

Alice sleeps all night long in her crate on the floor in my bedroom without a peep. By the time I go to bed, she's so tired she gladly walks right in to "her bed". They'll probably protest at first, but you have to push your guilt aside and either ignore them or just tell them "NO" if they cry a bit, they'll get used to it in a few days. I'd crate them together at night to help that (get a bigger crate if you need to).

You really do need to make sure they get enough activity to be able to sleep all night long though. And think about it this way - if they aren't in your bed, you'll sleep better and have more energy to walk and play with them when you get home from work. They'll be getting exercise and so will you, win win situation
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!