View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 05:53 AM   #10
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarla View Post
Thanks to all of you for the great suggestions. Just to clarify, Sprite has been completely clean in her crate for 6 weeks now, hurray, but when she was messing in her crate, it was both pee and poop (she was also eating her poop ). Fortunately I am home during the day, so she is rarely left for more than a couple of hours in her crate during the day, but she's not having accidents in her crate anymore. She makes it through the night (9 hours) in her crate without any problems. When we first started house training we used an ex-pen and pee pads, but she would mess everywhere in the pen and walk through it etc, so we put that away and moved on to outdoor training (that was our goal anyway since the other 2 dogs go outside for their business). I brought the used pee pads outside to get her started, and we don't have any problems with her going outside. She does her business quickly and we give her lots of praise and treats. I'm right outside with her and the other two dogs. She sometimes will pee outside twice before she goes back in. We put bells on the door that she will ring when she wants to go outside, so she is very smart and understands "outside." The problem is that she is going inside too. I've never experienced this before after they supposedly understand the concept. We have a gallon jug of Natures Miracle which I use to clean up, and the jug is almost empty now. I also wash the floors with bleach. She did have her urine tested 6 weeks ago when she was in the hospital for an adverse rabies vaccine reaction and it was normal then. I've made an appointment today with the vet to have it tested again (thanks for that idea!). I'm just wondering, does anyone think this problem could possibly be marking? We have 2 other dogs, both spayed females, and although all three get along great, I wonder if this might be territorial behaviour. I am so appreciative of your ideas, and will keep working at this problem till we get it solved. I'll let you know the results from the vet.
Thanks again
That could very well be the case...Females mark too...when you have her spayed she might stop it...and I would make sure IF you catch her in the act...say NO in a firm voice and take her right outside.

PS...I would use vinegar and water to mop with...bleach doesn't work on pet odor I hear it makes it worst.

Last edited by bellababy08; 04-21-2011 at 05:58 AM.
bellababy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!