View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
Fatalivy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarla View Post
Hello everyone,
We brought our little tricolour yorkie Sprite home at the end of January when she was 19 weeks old. We love her dearly but we're having no luck with potty training. We have 2 other dogs and so this is not our first time potty training. All the dogs are fed on a schedule, and they are crate trained, but unlike our other two, Sprite would constantly mess in her crate for the first several weeks (yes, we only gave her enough room to turn around). She goes outside and does her business with no problems (I go with her), but she also does her business indoors with no problem Her poops are finally predictable, but we're having to take her outside every hour, sometimes more, where she'll pee, but that doesn't seem to stop her from peeing inside 10 minutes later. She's never been given full run of the house because of this. The last week I've gone back to keeping her on a leash indoors or crated at all times, but last night I caught her peeing at my feet while on her leash not 5 minutes after she peed outside. She's a happy, well-balanced little dog and she gets lots of playtime, attention etc, but this problem is really seeming overwhelming. I don't see any sign at all that it's related to anxiety. At the worst point, we were cleaning up 10 to 15 pees/poops inside daily. Surely that can't be normal. I don't see any signs of urinary infection, and she's been to the vets for a check-up about this and was spayed 3 weeks ago. She's now 7 months old and we want to get this fixed so we can get our normal lives back. I'd really appreciate any advice. Is this normal for Yorkies or is our Sprite a special challenge? Thanks

sounds like my 8 month old yorkie (she only pees or poops inside about 3 times a day, which is a great improvement from a month ago) and i had this same problem with my now 2 yr old yorkie and eventually, he got it at about 1 yr old. i just think it's gonna take our yorkies a little longer. good luck!
Fatalivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!