View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katienme2002 View Post
Ohhh..Well now I feel stupid..lol..I am CLUELESS when it comes to grooming and coats and that sort of thing. So don't you think it would be good to get rid of the "dead ends" so to speak? Or should I leave well enough alone?
If the ends of the coat are damage then it wouldn't hurt to cut them off to give her a neater look. Then you can 'start fresh' with healthy hair. Get a good shampoo, conditioner, and leave in conditioner to take care of her hair and never brush a dry coat. Always give it a spritz of the leave in conditioner before brushing.

Another things, "puppy cut" isn't a specific style per say. It just means to cut the hair to the same length all over. So the body and legs would be the same length (which ever length you choose it to be) and the head can be styled however you want. To most groomers this means cutting the body down to a short but fluffy length and making the head round like a teddy bear with a length that balances the body.

When the weather starts to get warm I typically shave my yorkie down really short all over and give her a short round head. Then as the warm months go on I continue to shave her body but leave her legs to grow out longer.

pictures: 1) short body, long legs, round head; 2) puppy cut; 3) shaved with short round head
Attached Thumbnails
Recommendations?-img_0305.jpg   Recommendations?-img_0268.jpg   Recommendations?-img_0398.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!