View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 05:51 AM   #18
tryorkie11
YorkieTalk Newbie!

they didn't do any blood tests because he's so small, they thought it'd be too much to draw the amt. of blood they would need to do the tests. they want to wait until his weight goes up a little more and he's more stable.

i went to visit him twice today and he's visibly doing a lot better. his eyes got brighter and he's a lot more active. i held him and he cuddled up against me and fell right to sleep. the vet said he's eating on his own, but just not as much as he would like for riley to eat, so the vet had to force feed him a couple times. thankfully, riley's weight has gone up a little bit.

i'm not sure what his respiration rate has been. i'll try to remember to ask tomorrow.

his breathing seems to have gotten a lot better though. even up to yesterday, we could hear a crackling sound in his chest every time he took a breath, but it has gotten a lot quieter now. he definitely isn't struggling/working as hard to breathe. the vet's going to do another chest x-ray tomorrow (for free, thankfully). i'm really grateful to the whole staff at the vet hospital here. the head vet committed his entire weekend to riley and his staff has been working round the clock to help riley. they've even taken some of the shots and tests off the vet bill. i just hope riley's condition continues to improve.
tryorkie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!