View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #8
gidget529
Gidget & Sidney's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese1 View Post
Red flags on the website you googled:
The female is only 4lbs that was bred, and they are advertising puppies as ready to go at 8 weeks when 12 weeks is the suggested with Yorkies.
I noticed they are also advertising bulldogs on puppyfind.
I would wait for a YTCA breeder. Buy your breeder first!
Very good sleuthing!! I would wait for the yorkie from a YTCA breeder. My first yorkie I got 14 yrs ago from a back-yard breeder at 8 wks of age - I loved that dog but she had MANY congenital health problems. The breeder did not seem to want to hear from me about their pup's problems. A very experienced YTCA breeder/exhibitor came to my rescue and gave me invaluable advice. I cannot thank her enough for caring about a little pup she did not produce and came to my aid. When this little dog passed last year, the breeder is who I went to first to ask for help in finding another pet. Luckily, she had an older dog (18 mo) that she was "petting out". I have been so happy with this little pup! I loved my first dog with all of my heart; however, there is a big difference in quality of health and socialization between both dogs! I would highly recommend waiting the 2.5 months!

Actually, I guess my 1st pup was lucky to get a mommie who was willing to pay vet bills and get her whatever help she needed. What I'm trying to poorly say is that if you get one from a BYB breeder, you must be prepared for the vet care that could possibly be needed for the life of the little one.
gidget529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!