View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 03:05 AM   #7
Reese1
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxrfelix View Post
Dear Yorkie Experts!

I want to buy a male puppy. I have spent a considerable amount of time reading up on yorkies and I think I am now ready for this super-important step!

I live in San Francisco, CA and I called all the california breeders from the YTCA list (http://www.ytca.org/breeder3a) as some of you have recommended in other threads. The problem is that none of the breeders from the list have puppies available right now. I could wait for 2.5 months for them to be ready (but really would rather buy now)

Alternatively, I spent a significant amount of time Googling different breeders and talking to them. I found this Available Puppies -

My question to you is whether breeders on the YTCA list are really higher in quality than those who are not on the list. How does YTCA verify that the breeders who simply sign the ethics code are truly good breeders?

And secondly, how do I check that the breeder that i found on the internet is a good one?

Just in case you have any breeders in California that you can recommend, I would very much appreciate your recommendation.

Thank you
Red flags on the website you googled:
The female is only 4lbs that was bred, and they are advertising puppies as ready to go at 8 weeks when 12 weeks is the suggested with Yorkies.
I noticed they are also advertising bulldogs on puppyfind.
I would wait for a YTCA breeder. Buy your breeder first!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!