View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
xoxStephie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Wait the 2.5 months. Its hard but at least you know for a fact that the puppy is coming from a reputable breeder. Have you looked in the for sale section here?
I'm currently 19 and have wanted a yorkie since I was about 14. I almost got one when I was about 16ish and after a long talk with my mom we decided that if I wanted to go away for college then I couldn't leave the responsibility with her it would be unfair to her to take care of it, unfair to me because I wouldn't actually be with them for the majority of the year, and unfair to the dog because it wouldn't be with me. I'm happy I've waited and I've already made a list of breeders in my area that I am going to contact once the time comes to actually get a yorkie.
The wait is the hardest part but if you think about it 2.5 months isn't that long. In the mean time you have plenty of time to do the necessary things like puppy proofing, researching more, buying stuff for your new puppy...
You can also build a relationship with the breeder in the upcoming weeks and see your puppy grow through pictures and even visits.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!