Thread: Blood in Urine
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
Bottom LIne
Yorkie Yakker

Default Blood in Urine

Bubba is 3 and in good general health. He is very active and loves to retrieve. He is a neutered male. No change in behaviors or signs of "feeling bad".

Over the long Thanksgiving Holiday I noticed 2-3 droplets of red blood in his urine on pad. Next day no discoloration and no blood. All a.o.k.

Developed an alergic reaction to "a flea" literally...a flea. Hot spot on tail developed in one day. Trip to vet, several steroid tabs, and antibiotics to clear up a "maybe" urinary tract invection although they really didn't think he had one. Guess they figured antibiotics would cure whatever might ail him!Hot spot cleared up in 2 days.

Over the long Xmas Holdiay I noticed red blood in 3-4 urine spots on pad. Clearly, during these long holidays he gets to run and retrieve more than usual. Blood cleared up on Tuesday...none noticed but time to go to vet anyway.

Had them run a blood test, urine test, and xray's to make sure nothing wrong internally that would show up on xray. All normal.

Now, I'm at the point of "well doctor it hurts when I do this" so the doctor says "well, don't do that"!

Anybody else seen this in neutered males? or females for that matter?
Bottom LIne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!