View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegamom1 View Post
Do they have him on oxygen? Also wondering, how old was he when you got him. Guess I've lived a sheltered life, but I've never known of a puppy having pneumonia..
Ya know, I was kind of thinking about that, idk if I've ever heard that actual diagnosis either (I worked as a vet tech). I'm assuming there's fluid in his lungs? That's got to be a secondary symptom of an underlying cause. Is your puppy coughing or just sneezing? Also, I hate to say it to you, but 2 months old is too young to be taken away from his mother (with Yorkies and other small breeds it's recommended 12 weeks old) so that leads me to the question - where did you get him? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it most likely wasn't from a good breeder if they let him go that young. In that case, there's unfortunatly probably a pretty wide variety of things that could be causing this. Hopefully a breeder on here will be able to tell you more, but my first step would be to go somewhere with more specialty in deseases if your vet's colegues don't give you an answer. Good luck, please keep us updated
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!