View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
ziggy925
YT 500 Club Member

Default Followup on bark collar

Okay, I finally got the bark collar for Ruger. It's a Petsafe PBC-302, small, light, and easy for Ruger to carry around. I must admit that before putting it on Ruger I tried it on myself but could not get it go off.

After adjusting it for size I put it on Ruger without the battery and he didn't seem to mind it at all. I then went to my girlfriend's and put the collar on him but he didn't bark. Maybe he's smarter than I thought. After awhile, however, he did bark a couple of times and the next sound I heard was Ruger letting out a yelp like I stepped on his tail or something. The barking immediately stopped, and he didn't seem bothered, more perplexed as to what had happened and he snuggled up against me. I just talked to him softly and petted him until he jumped off. He did it again about an hour later and the same thing happened. No more barking that day, which was very unusual.

I'm pretty pleased with the product so far and Ruger seems just fine. I would say the only downside to the collar is it uses special batteries, but they can be purchased at Amazon pretty cheap.

I must tell you again that Ruger is 10 lbs, and most of these devices are not recommended for dogs under 8 lbs. They do offer a resister to reduce the shock, but right now I'm just going to leave it alone.

Anyway, thanks for the help and advice.
ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!