Thread: Simple Recipes?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #9
valerieam
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default lettuce wraps

My family loves PF Chang's lettuce wraps. I searched online and found several recipes. When I went to the store I saw a packet for lettuce wrap sauce and it was wonderful. Now, I won't bother making my sauce from scratch. It was so easy to make. I just used ground chicken, green onions, 1/2 can water chestnuts and peanuts, with bib lettuce. It's Lee Kum Kee, Panda Brand, Lettuce wrap sauce. Directions below.

Directions
Preparation Time: 6 minutes. Cooking Time: 6 minutes (makes 4-6 servings). What You'll Need: 1 lb ground chicken or ground pork; 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and chopped; 4 green onions, chopped; 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped; 1 (4 oz) carrot, diced; 1 head Iceberg lettuce, separated into rounds; 2 tbsp cooking oil; 1 pouch Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Lettuce Wrap. 1. Heat oil over High heat in a large frying pan or wok. 2. Add chicken (or pork) and stir-fry for 2 minutes until browned. Add all vegetables, peanuts and water chestnuts. Stir-fry 2 more minutes. 3. Add 3/4 pouch of Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Lettuce Wrap. Bring to a simmer, and add green onions and peanuts. Scoop the mixture into a lettuce cup. Save remaining sauce to serve at the table, then serve. Use remaining sauce per taste. Store in cool, dry place. Once opened, consume immediately.
valerieam is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!