View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
meglaulanmar
YT Addict

Default HELP low temp high blood sugar

I have a sister in law of a friend whose husband bought her a yorkie (he knew nothing about puppy mills) a couple of years ago. The dog has been perfectly healthy since we got thru initial low blood sugar issues. Yesterday they came in and couldn't find him. He was under a bed, had vomited and had diarrea EVERYWHERE and was limp and unresponsive. They got him to a vet (a country vet that works on large farm animals mostly is all they have). His temp was 2 degrees low.... his blood sugar was 187. They are still waiting on blood work, but I thought you gals might know some questions I can tell her to ask. The vet didn't give an i.v.... although they amost couldn't get blood so I know he was dehydrated. They did tell her to not let him drink too much when he gets home and she said she couldn't handle taking his water cuz he was so thirsty so he got sick all over again! Any ideas what we are dealing w/? I know these people have pain pills and blood pressure meds in their home. I thought maybe a pain pill or the husband's blood pressure pill might have done this....but do any of you have any thoughts? I for the record don't know these people... just that they are my bff's inlaws, but I CARE about the dog.
meglaulanmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!