View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:59 AM   #4
TikiandNiki
Senior Yorkie Talker

I was going through the same thoughts as you about another yorkie pup for my 2 yo sweetie. I thought it would be so nice for her to have someone to play with. Long story short, we now have two yorkies ... Tiki, who is almost 2 and weighs 8 pounds AND Niki who is now almost 5 months old ALSO weighs in today at 8 pounds ! I think she's going to top out at 12+ pounds.

Tiki also loved to play with my inlaws chiwawa when she came over to visit so I thought getting a second dog was a good idea. Needless to say, I'm learning it wasn't. Niki plays too rough with Tiki and is in her space/face a good part of every day. Tiki is overwelmed and isn't liking it at all. She's a very laid back easy going sweetie that enjoyed having me all to herself. I'm retired so I'm at home all day with the two of them. I've had to put the pup on time-outs in another room to get her to settle down around Tiki. Tiki gets upset when Niki pins her down and won't let her up. She nips at the pup and barks to no avail...her bottom lip quivers, her body shakes, she just gets so upset with the situation.

I've posted my situation here on YT and have gotten some good ideas as to how to handle the pups aggression, others have said it takes time for the girls to learn to get along. I just hope it doesn't take too much longer for the adjustment to take a positive direction...I'm worried about Tiki, I don't want her to change in any way and loose the closeness that her and I have learned to share together.
TikiandNiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!