View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
annah1043
Yorkie Yakker

Smile All of you with more than 1 yorkie!

My husband and I have been playing with the idea of getting a brother for our baby Millie. We are hesitant because 1) she is only 3 lbs, so worried about rough play with a bigger yorkie 2) it being too much work (I am in medical school and he is an accountant) 3) We don't want to lose her attention!!

I am OBSESSED with her (like I'm sure all of you are too with your little ones), and I know it sounds so childish, but I am scared if we get her a brother, she will be so into him, that there won't be any more of our quiet bonding times every night. We don't let her around a lot of dogs because she is so tiny, so anytime she is able to play with another small dog SHE GOES CRAZY from excitement. We were walking her two days ago and a little chihuahua came up to us and she was soooo happy...he walked with us the whole way and she was sad when it was time to go home. It made me realize how much she wanted one. Also, I forgot to mention that she is so small that she can't jump on the couch or the bed, so we have stairs for her. If we get another yorkie and he's bigger and can jump while she can't, I don't know if that will create more problems. Basically, I'm selfish and want her all to myself and want her to be the Queen Bee...but at the same time can't get this idea of another yorkie out of my head! :/ Any experiences you'd like to share?????

Oh, Mill turns 2 on Easter Sunday!! So they wouldn't be too far different in age...
annah1043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!