View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 07:27 PM   #1
Jaspermom
Yorkies Rock My World!

Star Must celebrate small victory: TOENAILS!

Hip Hip HOORAY!! I can't believe it but Wosie let me cut ALL her nails in one sitting today!

She was pretty mellow this afternoon, so I thought I would go for it. I flipped her onto her back on my lap with her back feet touching my tummy, and I did each nail quickly on one paw, one at a time, telling her she was a good girl and asking her to wait. I had to stop her from struggling after each nail, but kept speaking low and quietly, telling her how good she was, and she would calm enough for me to clip the next nail. When I got one paw done, I clicked the clicker and gave her a treat and lots of petting, still keeping her on her back on my lap. She calmed again, so I moved to the next foot. By the time I got to the last foot, she was almost asleep!! I can't believe it, really I can't!! The last time I tried to cut her nails was a month ago, just before she broke her leg, and you would have thought I was trying to kill her, lol!

I am soooooo excited, and my girl no longer sounds like she is tap dancing when she walks across the floor!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!