cj125
Mia, Max and Moe's Mom
Donating Member

Snowbird - I have 3 Yorkies.

Mia who is 5 yrs old and weighs 7 lbs
Max who is 4 yrs old and weighs 11 lbs
Moe who is almost 2 yrs old and is 13 bs

All are on Science Diet J/D an I/D

I have tried many different brands of dry kibble - a few wet - and even raw... mine just don't tolerate them like they do the Science Diet. I WISH I could say I'm giving them better food but I have to go with what works for my kids. The proof is in the pudding.

Yes, I believe the dry kibble is better for dogs compared to giving just wet food. Giving a little wet with dry is fine but I believe they need the dry as the primary food. Just my opinion.

Ask your vet if the food comes in small bites because the kind we buy does come in larger pieces so we have to make sure we get the small bites.

We use the 1/4 cup measuring cup to feed our kids twice a day. Mia doesn't usually eat all of it so I have to pick it up right afterwards or else Moe will finish it off and he's on a strict portion control right now. lol!

All of my kids get a yearly cleaning at the vets, brushing at home probably 3-4 times a week and treats that help to keep the tarter off.

We use the CET toothpaste and dental treats along with Merricks Natural Flossies.

Retaining baby teeth is normal with Yorkies. We had any remaining baby teeth pulled when we had ours spayed/neutered.

Last edited by cj125; 04-13-2011 at 12:30 PM.
cj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!