View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I used to be the local, unofficial "rescue shelter" here in the old days and used to get 1 every 90 days or so it seemed like, but since our little suburb has grown so much, now we hardly ever see a true stray. I think it must be Animal Control - should one call them, they are out very quickly. Everyone there that I've met are real true dog-lovers and really have a mission to help dogs and get them back home if the owners will take them.

Once in a while one sees a dog that is wearing a collar or harness, tags, clothing, etc., and you can tell from the coat and excellentbody condition that this is just a "breakout" case because they are out running in unleashed joy and won't come even if called. And if you stay out long, soon people come by with wild looks on their very pale faces asking about the dog.

But I can't recall the last time I saw a dog that truly seemed homeless - hanging around the neighborhood sniffing, thin or unkept, acting thirsty or hungry. But it sure used to be the case years back.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!