View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
jeffmo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New to the forum because I just found a stray Yorkie

So here's the story.. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

I was getting ready to head out when a small, male, neutered Yorkie up and decides to walk into my life from the street.. Immediately, he was very affectionate and followed me around wherever I went.. He had no collar or any form of discernible identification but he was clearly a house dog.. He seemed well groomed, smelled fine, did not exhibited stressful, aggressive or timid mannerisms.. I brought him into my garage and observed his behaviors for about 30 minutes, all while offering him a bowl of water.. Unfortunately, I have no dog food with me (I don't own any dogs at the moment) but I offered him some turkey breast meat, which he ate up hungrily.. He didn't seem like he had any fleas or outwardly showing diseases (no excessive scratching, etc..), so I brought him inside for warmth and safety..

This is the first stray I've ever picked up off of the street.. I plan on bringing him to the Vet tomorrow after I get off of work to see if he's microchipped and healthy.. What should I ask for? What questions should I ask? If he doesn't have a chip and there are no signs posted or no one is actively looking for him, what should I do? I couldn't just let him be alone in the street where he could easily be killed..

He's cozied up on my carpet next to my bed and is seemingly making himself at home now.. Any advice? Suggestions? Anyone wanna tell me, straight up, what to do in this case?

Thank you.. Any and all help is appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
New to the forum because I just found a stray Yorkie-206908_859738699654_6304400_40852631_5631983_n.jpg   New to the forum because I just found a stray Yorkie-215604_859695131964_6304400_40852014_3708335_n.jpg  

Last edited by jeffmo; 04-12-2011 at 10:50 PM.
jeffmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!