View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Unlove Our hearts are breaking .....

... for our 16 year old granddaughter, Kayla. She has had a huge black cat, Spooky, practically her entire life and today she was killed by a pit bull who is allowed to run loose in our neighborhood!! "The Spook" was, without a doubt, the sweetest, most loyal cat I have ever known and never, ever bothered anyone! She only loved Kayla and was her very best friend all these years! She was just a fat old cat that just wanted to lay in the sunshine and wait for Kayla all day. She never wandered anywhere in their house ... just wanted to be in Kayla's room with her. All these years, every time I tucked Kayla in her bed at night [and yes, I still do!] ... I always had to tuck Spooky in also! She has snuggled and watched over her when she is sick .... played with her for hours on end. She will be missed by all of us, but especially by Kayla. When I called her today, I have not heard such brokenhearted tears since she was a very little girl. She is scheduled to leave in the morning for her Youth Group's annual trip to Gatlinburg, TN. Maybe she will still go and it will be good for her to be with her friends and perhaps ease her grief.

My daughter-in-law heard their outside dog barking & went to see why ... the pit had Spooky still in his mouth but dropped her and ran when Cindy came out the door. They rushed her to the vet, but there was nothing he could do ... he said the dog grabbed her by her chest & he feels she was killed instantly. My son came home & called the police ... they know he will shoot the dog ... they don't plan to hear the shot. Ordinarily I don't want to see any animal killed, but God forgive me, I just can't keep the thought out of my mind ... my tiny 2 yr. old granddaughter plays in that yard where Spooky was killed!!!

Please remember my Kayla in your prayers that her little heart will heal. She has never lost a pet before and certainly not in this violent manner.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!