View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Hello Giulli, welcome to YT. I have raised yorkies for over 14 years but I have also had many years of experience with other breeds.

Answer 1.....Lili is just a baby. Puppies play and puppies bite, that is just part of their growing up. It is possible she was taken away from her mother to soon and she was not taught proper manners from her mother. It sounds like Momo is just trying to teach her proper manners.

Answer 2.....Momo is spoiled and just doing what she has been taught. The problem is your friend feeding her at the table. Lili may not pick up that habit if she is not fed. One solution would be to remove both dogs from the room when you are eating. Possibly put them in a crate or in another area. You have to take control of the situation. I have some dogs that stare at us when we eat but since we don't make a habit of feeding them from our plate they don't beg. Once you start feeding them from your plate they will become beggers. Not their fault.

Answer 3......Again, Lili is just a puppy and some puppies don't like being brushed. Young puppies are full of energy, some are more active than others. You just have to be firm and consistent with your training. Lili is only 2 1/2 months old so you have to give her time. Be gently when you brush her. Don't try to groom her when it is her busy play time. Perhaps wait until she is a little tired.

How old was Lili when you got her? It seems to me that you are asking to much of a 2 1/2 month old puppy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!