View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #72
orlnurse
♥Max & Lily♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I want to stress the importance of doing ALL tests. Once everything is ruled out medically, a consult with the neurologist is imperative and he/she will assess the next recommended steps. For example in Teddy's case, we ruled out everything medically. The neurologist assumed that it was a genetic/congential issue and there was a low possibility that doing an MRI and spinal tap would reveal something....But, it would be the ONLY way to rule out brain disorders that could cause seizures and which might be treated differently. Therefore, we performed all the tests and Teddy was diagnosed with Epilepsy. But, if we did not do those tests, we would not have known for sure what was causing Teddy's seizures and I would have never been content to medicate him without that information.
I agree. Being a nurse, I have the same belief that everything must be ruled out before assuming a diagnosis. Do you mind me asking how much all of the testing with the neurologist cost? I have pet insurance thank goodness

Lesley, Maximilian & Lily Rae
orlnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!