Thread: Biting :(
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Taryn0405
Owned by a Gremlin
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by listentodylan View Post
So within in the past 6 months or so, Owen has been biting people here and there. I have noticed he has bitten when he is laying down/really tired and someone tries to pet him, or if he is playing with a toy and gets really possessive of it.

I'm horribly terrified that he will bite the wrong person one of these days and I will have to put him to sleep. How do I correct this behavior? It seems it is really hard to avoid and he is such a sweet/playful and fun dog any other time.

He just bit my roommate and I'm really upset about it. I don't know what to do.
First of all you're from Michigan, so hello fellow Michigander! Second of all, when Gizmo was nippy, I would make a shrilling noise and turn my body away from him. He didn't like the complete loss of attention from me and that soon ended.

With regards to the toys, have to tried grabbing flipping him on his back, and putting him in the submissive pose? Maizey, my Cairn, had bone aggression and each time she would be possessive I would take the bone and her and flip her on her back and rub her tummy. When she would calm down, I would flip her back, say good girl, and give her her bone.

I'm not a training expert. But that worked for me.
Good luck!
Taryn0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!