View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
ChewyGeorgia85
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I love you Georgia girl, RIP

My Georgia, who was only 3 years old, passed away this morning. She was acting up late last night and I thought that since she has 6, 5 week old babies that she was exhausted. She threw up and I thought that maybe she was going to be okay, because she perked up. I kept her in my bed just to make sure she was okay, she was warm, cozy and seem to be coming out of it. She got off the bed and looked at the door, wanting her babies, so I put her in her pin. Right before I went to bed, she looked back as if she was saying "i'm fine mommy, don't worry".

I got up this morning and put my male in the pin to find Georgia laying on the floor. I called her name several times and she didn't respond. I felt her, she was cold, her gums were pale. And when I tried to lift her up, she was limp. I called my vet while getting dressed and rushed her to the vet. They put fluids in her, warmed her up, as her temp was way low. She had blood coming out of her renal area. I was scared.

The blood work showed high phosphorus levels, which they didn't know if was just renal/kidney failure, so they were going to continue the fluids and get a urine biopsy. At that point, she seemed okay, she raised her head, so they thought she would perk up and be fine.

My friend showed up for support and we went outside to get some air and just try to regain some strength. After she left, I was heading to my Jeep, when they called me back in. When they tried to do the catheter she started gasping her dying breaths and they tried to revive her, but she passed away.

My heart hurts soooo bad, I never thought that this would happen, especially so quickly. She was only 3, but they were the best 3 years of my life.

The picture of my avatar is her about a year ago. I'm having her cremated so she will be with us forever.

Rest in Peace Georgia. Mommy will never forget the love we had and you will be here in my heart forever.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!