Thread: Breeders
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
luvyorkies
Yorkie Talker

Default Great Breeder

I recently purchased two tiny sisters from a breeder in Ohio. Her name is Terri Wylie and the web site is http://www.fairviewyorkies.com. The girls were flown counter to counter from Akron to San Francisco and arrived healthy and adorable. They were vet checked; up on all their shots including rabies because we live in California and Terri provides a one-year health guarantee. The sisters are also AKC registered. All of this is standard from a reputable breeder. However, what was most impressive for me was the communication I had with her prior and after I bought the pups. She always answered any e-mail from me promptly. And whenever I phoned with a question she returned my call within a few hours. Yes, she does breed wee ones, my girls Martini and Sunshine are both under 3 pounds at 8 months. But she is a conscientious breeder who spoke to me over an hour about the health and safety of tiny yorkies...and this was a return call to me, on her nickel. Truly the very best way to find a reputable breeder is word of mouth. I would recommend Fairview Yorkies and Terri Wylie. I am going to post the girls pictures soon...they are so cute and what personalities!!
One last piece of advice if you do decide to buy a puppy on the Internet and cannot find anyone who can give a testimonial, "Goggle" the breeder and the web site. I did this with numerous web sites and the bad sure does surface to the top quickly....
Once you are satisfied with the breeder pay with "Paypal" if at all possible. This way if something does goes wrong you have a good chance of getting your money back. There is something now called "Puppy Escrow" which places your payment in an escrow account. I haven't used it but it seems like a great way to make sure that both the breeder and the buyer won't be scammed. E-mail me anytime to find out more about my experiences. I spent a number of months researching and would be happy to let you know the good, the bad and the ugly...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!