View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #17
Farleys
No Longer a Member

I too work at a veterinary clinic and would like to know what some of you mean? Its actually much better for dogs to receive a pre med, a injection to sedate them . ANd there are many different ones to use. ANd also everyone is saying so that way they wake up faster. But in my experience at a veterinary clinic for the past 13 years, i would much rather my pet wake up a little slower. Its much better for the dog. If they wake up to fast they are totally freaked out ,disoriented and trying to move around and they will start swinging their head and stuff , and this scares them, cause they cant control their movements yet. But if they have the right sedation, they will wake up a little slower and much calmer , not so scared and freaked out. And its also much easier on the dog to sedate with an injection rather than masking them down with iso and o2, because they wake up much better if sedated first. Anyway this is what i have experienced. We also use iso on all dogs, no matter what breed. Its very safe for all of them.
Farleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!