View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I think I may add Natural Balance to the rotation. Orijen is a no-go now that they changed their formula and upped their prices (still a great food, IMO, just not working for Jackson anymore). I'm keeping him on Acana because he's always done well on that... but now I have no other food to rotate with and he really loved the NB samples we received and after a few days on it, poop was good. He wasn't on it long enough to judge coat, smell, eyes, etc. I'd be adding canned food to up the meat for him. But Jackson is like Taycie -- he LOVES to crunch his kibble and won't eat small kibble I've used NB cans for a while now (in conjunction w/ other brands, too).

I feel that Jackson needs more protein because he's so active. I can't see myself feeding a food with lower than 22% protein for long period of time. We walk 1.5-3.5 miles per day, do LOTS of fetch outdoors, swimming ALOT in the summer, agility, soon-to-be dock diving, dog parks a few times a week, dads big fenced in yard twice a week running constantly, etc, etc. I do think more active dogs require more protein.

Last edited by Britster; 04-10-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!