View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #5
milliecorrales
YT 500 Club Member

Default Connect the dog

I too had the same problem with my yorkies (2) and it is very difficult to chase one, much less two especially when they go in different directions and at my age, lets just say plus 50 LOL. I had one very scary experience with them taking off and that did it for me! I went and bought these leads (cannot remember the name of them, but I got them through Petedge.com) and hooked the boys to my belt while in the apartment. Did this every day when I got home from work. The lead was long enough to allow them to go into a different room than where I was. Then I would call them (COME HERE), if they did not come I would reel them in until they were where I wanted them. When I got them to me, I would say good boys, give them a treat, etc. Did this everyday for over a month. Today I can say with pride, that they always come when I tell them COME HERE. I can take them out in the courtyard of my large apt complex, and call them, they come immediately. Sunday we went to the dog beach, very early so there were not a lot of distractions (i.e. other dogs) and they were terrific. I am so proud of them and also this command is so important, it can quite literally take them out of harms way and save their lives. This method worked for me, you might want to try it.
milliecorrales is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!