View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Tibbe loves to throw his treats and his toys and then "get" them, too, growling and shaking them. He can play and play this way. I try not to say or engage too much during his playtime as I notice that with my dogs in the past, they can get habituated to my involvement in their playing and soon, unless I am involved, won't play much as adults.

Tibbe did not know how to play at all when I first got him but once I activated each of his toys or treats by baiting him with it, throwing it a couple of times and so on, he began learning to play and decided he loved playing alot.

Soon, all he did was play and throw his treats and toys and have a ball. I noticed after I'd had him about 3 mos., he'd started looking to me when he had toys, baiting me by throwing his toys at me or coming and pushing one in my hand, wanting me involved as when I first taught him to play or activated one of his toys. And I do play with him a lot but I don't engage in all his sessions as I want him to continue to play a lot on his own, using his own imagination and play skills. This is when he does the most treat/toy throwing as your little Polo does, playing all by himself. It is really cute to see a Yorkie playing all by himself and just having all the fun in the world!

Polo is just so cute! How old is he? Is he your very first Yorkie?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!