Thread: Puppy Love
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
MyLilyRose
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
No telling what you might be getting into with an unknown dog. It almost sounds too good to be true - like someone wants to move out a real problem with lots of baggage and behavior issues, maybe even a serious medical condition, seizures, pancreatitis, a horrible neurological disease. Or could be the dream-come-true situation that you just sometimes fall into - the perfect dog with no problems, no health/behavior problems and she could be a wonderful addition to your family - smart and bright and loving.

Are you prepared financially and emotionally in case this dog is quite ill and needs lots of vetting, maybe very expensive surgery and intensive follow-up care? You have to be prepared for the worst in case you are faced with it. What would you do if you get her and she needs $7,000 surgery?

Just things you want to think over before your heart takes over. Good luck!!!

I agree. I've adopted two cats from the shelter, and I know the little Yorkie isn't in the pound but they said she could end up there, and both cats ended up having something wrong with them. The first cat had major dental issues and the 2nd cat had ringworm which spread to our other cat and to my sister and her boyfriend. I would be cautious.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!