View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
T-Rox
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry Worried 1st time mommy.

Roxy has what I believe is a hernia . It's in the exact area where her spay incision was. She arrived freshly fixed back in February and her stitches had already been taken out so I don't know if they didn't leave them in long enough or what but I don't think it's a coincidence that it's in that exact spot . I noticed the lump yesterday..I rub her belly very often and felt it immediately. The only incident I can think of that might have caused it was a VERY scary coughing fit she had after she guzzled up water too fast after play time. She was coughing so hard it felt like she was putting her whole body into the cough so I'm sure that could have caused enough pressure to bust something. Anyway I talked to the Vet and he said if she isn't in any obvious pain, or isn't acting any differently, and the bump doesn't get bigger to go ahead and wait till Monday morning. Roxy seems completely oblivious to it, there is no pain when I apply pressure to it, she hasn't been acting any differently, in fact it's been hard to keep her from doing her usual routine like jumping up on everything, dominating my roommates dog at tag. She's my 1st child and we've gotten so attached to each other I just feel bad that I can't make it better. I know I'm just being neurotic but I know you guys understand this feeling. I hope it's a quick and painless ordeal for her (I have no idea what to expect), I know I'm gonna be a mess until shes 100% better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1302388489_picsay-1302388489.jpg (27.4 KB, 41 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!