View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
parker'smom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Potty training...... issues?

I have a 18 week old male yorkie.... I live in an upstairs apartment in Ohio, so going outside to potty was out of the question... I decided to train him to use a dog box (litterbox for dogs) and use a dog litter (from petsmart) that is made of pelletized newspapers. I decided to place this beside our commode since the litter is flushable, and this would make for easy cleanup. He knows this is where he is supposed to go... However... he would rather lift his leg on the commode and go right beside the box. He rotates between going in the box and then not. When we went home (to North Carolina) we took his litterbox, and he never had an accident. When we get home... whole different story... He is no longer using the box... It is getting frustrating, because I know he knows where to go... I thought about moving the box to a place where he wouldn't be tempted to go on the commode.... it didn't help... he just went to the commode and proceded to lift his leg.... HELP!!!! I have tried pads and everything!!! I really want him trained to the box, and every once in awhile he will go in the box... any suggestions?
parker'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!