Thread: Treats....
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

First, Puppy Chow isn't the greatest food out there. It's probably considered one of the worst. For now though, I'd worry about getting her tummy in order before switching foods, but for the future, some brands available at Petsmart/Petco would be Natural Balance, Wellness, Solid Gold, Merrick, Castor & Pollux. My fav kibbles are Acana (Champion Pet Foods) and Go!/Now! (Petcurean Pet Foods)... there's also Nature's Variety, Fromm, etc. You can check out Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings for some help. I like to look for named meat in the first 2-3 ingredients, no by-products, no wheat/corn/soy or anything like 'meat and bone meal' or just 'animal fat'... any unnamed meat source is scary, IMO, because you don't know where it's coming from. You want it to look like chicken, chicken meal, whitefish meal, etc, etc.

I do use cheese to train Jackson because it's his favorite... I buy those cheese sticks which make them easy but maybe the cheese is a little too rich for her tummy right now. I'd try dog treats without too many ingredients in them (I personally use Canz Real Meat dog treats) or you could use plain boiled chicken which shouldn't upset a stomach.

Good luck!!! And welcome to YT!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!