Thread: So Worried!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
jlewis_bear
Yorkie Talker

Default So Worried!

Hi everyone!
I have a boy yorkie name Bear who is almost 6 years old. For a couple of months now, I have noticed that he is more gassy than usual, and his stomach rumbles alot. And when it does that, he will not eat anything. Not sure if he is in some pain or just nauseous. Anyways a couple weeks ago he starting vomiting blood and had blood in his stool. I took him to the vet and they diagnosed him with pancreatitis. They thought it was from feeding him people food, but I do not! They put him on some medication, and changed his food to PURINA E/N really low fat food. He has been on this ever since, but he's still not well. I took him back to the vet this past Monday and they put him on Predisone. But he still has the diarrhea, the rumbling tummy, and doesn't want to eat!! He may feel good one day, and then the next he is sick again. My question is...How long does it take them to recover from pancreatitis? What would you suggest that I feed him? Does it sound like maybe there is something more going on with him? I am so tempted to find a new vet!!
Thanks for all your help!!!
jlewis_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!